Thursday, December 14, 2006

Mid December

A good, or in my case, passable (but barely) blog involves two major components.

1. A writer
2. A reader

I have not been a very good #1 lately, and my December totals are suffering. I really wish there was more to talk about though, its just been that sorta time around here. I do have to put a little bit of blame on you (#2 in this case) as well. You can annoy me incessantly until I starting writing again!

Last night we did something fun in the room. Bob got a whole bunch of boxes with candy, snacks, toiletries etc, so we put together little gift bags for the enlisted guys that we work with in the ANA. These guys get paid the least, get the least and do the most work. Anyway, we gave them some socks, gloves, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo etc. and then the usual collection of candy and gum. The ANA is issued a pack of toiletries every month, but they are really low quality and often they don't get them if they run out. We figured they would appreciate something like this, and no surprise, when we gave it to them, they really enjoyed the Christmas present concept! It was nice to help them out, because at least in my case, I mess with them a lot and they have to put up with me!

The people keep pouring in here, especially the Navy variety. Our small group of 7 has turned into close to 30 now I think. The good thing is that a large group of the American mentors for the ANA have gone east for the next 6 months. At least it thins out this place a bit, we were bursting at the seams. Another camp expansion is in the works, this time the walls come down again and we participate in another land grab. I won't recognize this place by the time I leave!

11 more days to Christmas!

Gary

No comments: