Thursday, May 03, 2007

Single Digit Midget

We did out check out with admin, ran all around the camp getting our required signatures and finished up our last bit of paperwork. It's all just un-important paperwork that someone is going to have to shred after we leave, but it is keeping someone employed.

Turned in our ammo today, I am completely bullet-less. Basically my best weapon at this point is to heave my 9mm at someone. Come to think of it, that would be fun and I have a list of people that I'd like to try it on. We also spent a couple hours yesterday cleaning our weapons. Dirt, and sand find their way into every crevice of those, and its a royal pain to clean them. They obviously will be inspected before turn in, so we had to make sure we got every last bit of crap out of them. I wanna wrap them up in a zip lock bag now so they don't pick up any additional chunks before we go.

As stated in the title, I am in single digits for leaving Afghanistan. Whoo frickin who. Again, it's starting to sink in that it's real and that I really do get to leave. I bet leaving prison feels just like this. Maybe that's why we have such a high rate of return to prison. I feel so good I just gotta go out and kill someone! Maybe not.

Change 1001, we are now stuck at Blackhorse two more days. Phoenix sent out an email telling us that we were persona non grata and that we needed to wait as long as possible due to overcrowding. Its like a shanty town over there I guess. No sweat for me, I prefer being here anyway. The only bad thing is that I was mentally geared up to leave, but I'll deal. Hold on.....ok. I'm good.

Mailed the last box I am mailing today. Basically as I looked over all my crap, I started debating how much I liked it, and whether or not I liked it enough to carry it for 9 days. Needless to say, some of my stuff lost that battle and will now fly home before me. I think at this point, other than my computer which I have sold, I am down to the stuff that I will bring home on my back.

Before I couldn't get the days to go fast enough, now I can't slow them down!

Gary

No comments: