Tuesday, July 25, 2006

KAIA Trip

Made a trip today to Kabul International Airport (KAIA). Pictures are up here. I had wanted to go and a convoy was heading there in up armored humvee's (my favorite way to travel in keeping with rule #1 - don't get blown up). Anyway, its a short trip, 25 mins or so, 10 mins if the roads here were any good. Its a massive multi-national facilty, and I only saw two American's while I was there, but a pile of French, Bulgarian, Croation and New Zealanders. Now I know where the NATO forces hang out. It's more or less a crap hole of an airport, but there were a couple commercial flights coming in for those that want to visit me ;) That is a joke, dont even try it! We got to eat at a semi-real restaurant and shop at the German, Italian, Polish and some other countries exchanges, so that was interesting. All in all, a decent trip, and now my need for seeing the airport is satisfied, so I can continue to stay holed up here at Blackhorse. :)

No comments: