Monday, August 14, 2006

The glue trap strikes again

Another week, another creature. Yesterday morning we awoke to the squirmy sounds of a creature trapped on one of our many well placed glue traps. Steve was the first to notice him, and made us all come look. Stuck to the paper was a mouse, no relation to Mickey that I could see, so that meant he had to go. We took him down to the office so we could turn him in and get new traps. I wont post the pictures of him cause he was entirely too cute. The key to remember, he was disease ridden! The good news is I think this was the little bugger that has been in here for a few weeks, I think at this point we are now finally rodent free. We have glue traps to the right and left of our door on the way in, and then several placed all around to catch any that happen to get by the door guards. I actually have one under my bed.....maybe I should check it?

I say it almost every blog, but its been a boring week. They really are all very similar. Only exciting thing this week was that the ANA had a dog and pony show gun shoot. President Karzai was supposed to show up so we all went to watch. Turns out he didn't show so the only fun thing was to watch them lob artillery at the mountain. Its good to see the army that we will be fighting against in about 20 years learning from us.

Oh, I almost forgot! It RAINED here this week. Amazing. Sustained, no kidding rain. First time I had seen it in months. In fact, it hailed a little bit. I had to stand out in it for a little while and I think Steve got video. Yes, we are amused at little things.

That's about it, we are approaching the 275 day mark, that wont be so bad!

Gary

No comments: