Tuesday, April 03, 2007

EaRtHqUaKe!!

As I was sitting here in my chair this morning, I heard a helo go overhead and sometimes when they fly directly overhead, the ground will shake a bit. Well, the ground started to shake, and I thought nothing of it until the sound of the helo went away and the shaking intensified. I asked Steve if he felt it during it's early stages and he said no, and then once it picked up he said something about angelic excrement. I think by this point we figured out it was some sort of natural event as the building was rocking pretty good. By the time we made it outside it was pretty much over, but you could still see the antenna's and poles rocking back and forth. The quake was a 6.2, and centered in the Hindu Kush Mountains northeast of us. Fun. We have had Floods and Earthquakes - just need fires, pestilence, a river of blood and its a biblical hoe-down.

Have I mentioned I can't leave soon enough!

45ish days left.

Gary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're okay, sweetheart, since you were online with me as that quake happened. Love you, can't wait to see you soon! :-)