Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Remote control theory

I assume that in your house, like most houses the "man" of the house has physical custody of the remote control(s). I know for the most part, when I am at home, I have the remote inches from my fingers to ensure those quick channel changes and avoid the dreaded commercial.

Ok, so every night at dinner we (the Navy guys) get together and watch some TV show. We have been through four seasons of 24, one season of House and have started the second of House. I noticed tonight that I have the remote. The more I thought about it, I ALWAYS have the remote. Even in a room full of guys who are used to having the remote, I have it. Now granted, there aren't commercials, but there is the ever important fast forward through the opening credits and then the starting of the next episode; It's a responsibility I do not take lightly!

I am not exactly sure where I am going with this, or what it means, but it must be some sorta alpha dog thing, or I work with a bunch of sissies.

No comments: