Monday, October 23, 2006

A clump of dirt

Baseball had a near-miss (a stupid term) Pine tar incident part du. The World Series is underway and any of you following it I am sure know about the issue so I won't belabor the point. What I will say is this: I am not mad at Rogers, I am disappointed. I just wish we could have gotten through this entire series without some goofy distraction. If Detroit wins, fine, but do it on the level, same goes for the Cards. Anyway, it matters not, the first two are in the books and the Cards are in the drivers seat. They took a game in Detroit which they had to do if they had any hope of winning, and now they head home with their two best starters going in games 3 and 4. I like our chances of going up 3-1 or at worst a split at 2-2 before game 5. The game 5 starter will be in a position to win it, or put us ahead going back to Detroit, its shaping up to be a good series. So much for all the BS I read about Tigers in 3...ha ha, very funny.

We are under a mission essential travel only order. The end of Ramadan was yesterday and now we are into Eid (a three day celebration that last for 5 days). For some reason they have decided to increase the already increased for Ramadan attacks on NATO forces. Thus, we are told to stay home for a few days. Christians should go on bombing runs during Christmas....wouldn't that just put you in the holiday spirit?

Not sure if I have mentioned that we are trying to get the Garrison Commander fired. I know I have mentioned he is a crook and his crookery continues so our press to get him ousted continues. We are having to quietly figure out which ANA officers are on our side and which ones he has on his personal payroll. We think we have the dividing lines drawn and its going to be interesting to watch play out. If we screw this up and go after him and fail, the officers that turned on him will end up paying for it. I am not worried though, the body of evidence is great, and the senior leaders at the Ministry of Defense want him gone.

I think I mentioned our office / lounge was being moved to a B-hut and we finished that move yesterday. Its not bad digs, we will deal with it. Our only hope is that they don't move us again before its over.

Bob is officially on his way back from leave. I am sure he is going to come back pissed cause now he has 6.5 months left and nothing to look forward to leave wise. Steve and I have decided to kill him if he starts complaining right away! :)

Gary

No comments: