Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Waking up at 330am

The Cards made it interesting for a few innings, but in the end put the hurt on the Padres and got back into the NLCS for the third year in a row. Maybe this year being huge underdogs will help. All it really means for me is that I have to wake up at awful times of the day to go watch the games on AFN. 330am arrives quickly when you aren't used to being up that early. I am going to doubt there will be a huge rush for the TV! Also, I found out its not really playoff baseball if you are watching while eating breakfast. There is just something about a game at night vs one with the sun rising! Either way, baseball has been a great distraction for me lately and I am thankful that I get a least one more week.

Muhammad Ali (my ANA counterpart) was gone yesterday. Zakz(my interpreter) explained that Ali was basically out shopping for women. Evidently his parents (Ali) found him a couple of different girls and they were going to go over and check them out. I sorta knew the answer, but I asked anyway - what happens if she doesn't like him. The response - "Doesn't matter" - as long as her parents are happy with him. More fun for the girls here!

Our weather has had an upturn....its gotten warmer. I was promised that it was going to start getting cold here in October and it would remain cold. Well, it started, but then has over the last few days been in the 80's again. Who can figure this place out. The number of dust storms has increased though, so something is definitely happening weather wise.

The shoes, toys, bears etc have started rolling arriving in droves! I have about 10 huge boxes of stuff so far and I know there is more coming. Thank you so much for all of you that have donated and spent your time and money getting it here. We are working setting up a time to get to the school, but with Ramadan, its a bit harder. I will certainly let you know when we make it over and get you pictures of the day!

No comments: