Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Tiny little mustache

I am certain that the "white Bob Gibson" Chris Carpenter made the real Bob Gibson proud last night. Those are the sorts of games you see highlights of in 20 years. I am really happy that Carpenter's first World Series game was so successful, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. If the Cardinals end up winning this, even with the crap they went through during the year, we will likely look back on this as a very special team. With the aforementioned 2000's version of Gibson and the Dominican hitting machine known as Pujols on the same team - similar to Musial and Gibson in 59-63. Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

The mustache continues, I haven't taken pictures yet, it's just now almost respectable. :{)

We are half way through Eid so I have been off work and its been REALLY quiet around here. I like it! It's my first extended break since Qatar, and although I have been getting up early for baseball, at least when I am done, I can just hang out and read articles on the internet rather than having to rush over to work.

3 comments:

Jarad Falk said...

Yes, the Pujols / Carpenter combination is quite special. Maybe as special as the Brett / Saberhagen combination that spanked the Cardinals back in 1985. Ha!

Gary said...

Yeah yeah, you and Don Denkinger can go have a big party together. What have you done for me lately Royals? Oh yeah, lose 100 games a season for pretty much EVER. Cards World Series Champs in 06, which is in THIS decade, century and millennium....can the Royals say that?

:D

Anonymous said...

Ged,

A mustache can not be termed as "respectable", not in 2006.

Thanks and kind regards,
David